When people have trouble sleeping, it is known as insomnia. It is a kind of sleep disorder. Insomnia is also known as sleeplessness. The sleep maintenance insomnia is more normal in women than in men.
It is the difficult situation for a person in the sleep. In insomnia, people wake up at night at any time. You think you should get back to sleep. But the previous problems, tomorrow challenges etc. are going through in mind.
It giver obstacle in the sleep you need. From a fulfill sleep, you can wake up refreshed. But for insomnia, you feel difficulty in staying asleep and try hard to get back to sleep.
What is Insomnia?
Do you know, what is insomnia? The insomnia is a sleep disorder that causes sleeplessness. It is difficult for the person to staying asleep or falling asleep. People cannot feel satisfied with their sleep.
They may feel the following insomnia symptoms that low energy, low performance in the school or work, feeling difficulties in concentrate on the work, and fatigue etc.
Insomnia may be classified on its duration. There are two types of insomnia. Chronic insomnia usually occurs at least three times in a month or per week. It is a disordered sleep or severe insomnia. It may occur for many reasons. Shift and pressure of work, unhealthy sleep habits, certain medications, and changes in the environment could lead to insufficient sleep. Some form of treatments help the people with chronic insomnia to get back to healthy nights of sleep.
Acute insomnia is primary insomnia often happens suddenly or sometimes. It may be happening on the night before exam or interview, hearing any bad news or stressful news. Many people have insomnia sleep disorder experience and it resolves to take care. It is not necessary for any treatment.
People have difficulty falling asleep or wake up too early in the morning. Medical components, psychological, behavioral are included with insomnia treatment.
What causes insomnia or sleep disorder? The cause of insomnia is unhealthy to sleep habits, certain biological factors, medical conditions, and specific substances.
The other cause of insomnia finds out by researchers in the brain. The brain has a sleep cycle and a wake cycle. When one cycle is turned on the other cycle is turned off. It is the most important to find out the cause of sleep difficulties. The reasons for insomnia include:
- Feeling stress about work, family, fitness, health, news of death, illness can lead to insomnia. For these stress, your mind is active and cannot sleep peacefully at night.
- Work schedule such as morning walk, upcoming meeting in the early morning, work late night is also the reason for insomnia.
- Sometimes people spend most of the time of night by watching TV, computers, TVs, smartphones, video games etc. This work changes bedtime schedule, uncomfortable sleep environment and makes a poor sleep habit.
- Eating too much snack in the evening or before bedtime may reason to feel physically uncomfortable. For this, you may not sleep at night comfortably and keep you awake.
Medical Causes of Insomnia: Some mild and more serious medical conditions can lead to insomnia. People feel discomfort and difficult to sleep is the insomnia symptoms. Some medical situation that reasons for insomnia include:
- Chronic pain
- Nasal allergies
- Neurological problems
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Low back pain
Medications such as common cold, heart disease, thyroid disease, asthma, depression, high blood pressure, depression and birth control can also cause insomnia.
The other sleep disorder connected with insomnia is sleep apnea. With sleep apnea, people feel partially or completely problem during sleep. It also leads people to the stoppage in breathing and fall in oxygen levels. It causes wake up continuously at night and insomnia occurs then.
Insomnia in Children and Teens:
Sleep disorder may be seen in the children and teenagers as well. Some children and teen face problem for the pressure of homework, late night sleep system of the family, and morning school or coaching. It can create sleep problems or insomnia in children and teen.
The Side Effects of Insomnia:
Lack of sleep or sleep disorder can create a problem in your regular life. Sleep is a necessary part of your life. Insomnia can create effects on your brain. Here are, the insomnia side effects include:
- A healthy sleep can give you a refreshed morning. But sleep problem at night can hamper your next day work. Poor sleep at night can lead to accidents and create a problem in official work.
- Sleep gives the interval of your brain from daily work and stress. It increases the ability of thinking and learning. But insomnia damage or create an impact on the brain.
- The effects of insomnia increase risk at heart attack, heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, diabetes, irregular heartbeat, heart failure etc.
- Lack of sleep decreases the interest in sexual life.
- The signs of insomnia increase the depression in life.
- A few nights of missing sleep has an impact on your skin. It can lead to sallow skin, puffy eyes, fine lines, dark circle under the eyes, and lackluster skin.
- The plenty of sleep makes the memory sharp. But sleeplessness makes the people forgetful.
- Insomnia sleep disorder increases the hunger, appetite, and obesity. The people who sleep less than 6 hours can become obese. For increasing hunger, it helps make the weight gain.
- The people who cut sleep 7 to 5 hours may increase the risk of death.
Insomnia test helps you to find out the sleep disorder problem if you have. If the result comes positive, consult with a doctor and take treatment for sleep maintenance insomnia.
Sleep is important for the health, healthy diet, and regular healthy activity. The effects of insomnia can create a problem in your both physical and mental condition.
Sleep maintenance insomnia is a general irritating sleep example among the millions of people in the world. Good sleep habit is only the way to prevent insomnia. For sound sleep make a bedtime, comfortable bedroom, and keep a distance from stress.