Acupuncture is one type of healthcare system. In this method, the acupuncurist inserts needles into his body to balance their energy. It treats some diseases such as blood pressure, whooping cough, asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis and headaches. It removes the pain of the patients. So, it is very essential to know how acupuncture works.
How Acupuncture Start?
The word acupuncture comes from the Latin word “Acus” which means needles and “punura” that means to pick. In fact, this is a Chinese ancient treatment system that started about 5,000 years ago. This ancient type of medical treatment is used in various methods. Most of the acupoint stimulation methods are moxibustion, physical massage and heat therapy. The small needles are pushed into certain acupuncture points of the body to keep the body fit.
The acupuncture points create according to the olden Chinese customs of “qi”. Sometimes, it is spelled “Ki” or “Chi” in Japanese. These all mention the same meaning. Qi mentions the balancing of the flow of life force. There are two forms of Qi. The congenital Qi starts after born with. It is resulting from the air and the foods that we eat. The Qi usually rely on our existence habits for example balance of feelings, food quality and physical exercise.
Many believe that it flows over pathways in your body. It motivates acupoints to insert sterile and fine needles in the skin. Heat, pressure or the electrical motivation can increase the effects. Acupuncture is able to resolve pain by motivating the body’s different systems.
The pathways are the internal method of communication among specific organs. The Chinese trust that there are about 12 chief meridians of the human body. The illness can happen as soon as your energy flow in one or else more meridians is unable to keep balance. So the meridians and Qi method protect the energy flow of the body.
Which Diseases are treated by Acupuncture?
At present, acupuncture is always used to give certain treatment like:
- neck pain
- chronic back pain
- knee pain
- mood, depression
- Biliary colic
- digestive problems
- dental pain
- painful periods
- stiff neck
- Renal colic
How Acupuncture Works?
The acupuncture mechanisms are understood for neurophysiological. The western medical acupunctures depend on the understanding of needles insertion on nerves. It is able to release pain of muscles, over the brain ride signals, and many. Most of the time different chemical changes occur in the body fluids for this treatment.
It is unclear to the scientists how acupuncture works. Some people tell it has a neural effect and works to balance dynamic energy. However, acupuncture residues controversial to the Western doctors.
Acupuncture works in two systems which are described below.
- It motivates the central nervous system. It helps to removes chemicals like hormones and neurotransmitters. For this reason, the body functions and immune system increase. Finally, it removes pain.
- The Chinese attitude shows that the body holds two forces: yang and yin. Your body remains healthy when these two forces keep the actual balance. The “qi” flows like rivers in the pathways through the body. For this the yang and yin remains in balance.
How much does an acupuncturist cost?
Acupuncture cost depends on your residence and according to your health insurance plans. At the UCSD the cost of acupuncture is $124.00 per session. About 45% discount is offered for every payment service that brings the charge $68.20.
However, the normal price for an acupuncturist in California is about $85 per session. On the other hand, in Texas, Saint Louis, Austin and Missouri this price is about $60-85.
How to choose the exact acupuncturist?
Acupuncture is the fact where needles are inserted in the skin. It is a source of concern for the people to insert needles. So, it is very important to select the exact acupuncturist who will insert the needle.
However, many reliable and non-toxic experts work in this field. In fact, this Chinese medical treatment has been used to relieve pain and to treat some kinds of diseases.
To choose the exact acupuncturist, you must consider the following things:
- Make certain about the licensed of the
- Take the information about from which institute the acupuncturist has taken his
- Ask the qualifications and also years of experience of them.
- Try to know if they offer other therapeutic services along with acupuncture.
- Discover the schedule of visit of the actual
Facts of Acupuncture
- Acupuncture is mostly used for the treatment of vomiting and nausea in adults.
- Moreover, acupuncture is used to relieve pain.
- The needles of acupuncture are fine in diameter, sterile and pre-packaged. For this reason, it is less contamination.
- Acupuncture was used like a medical process that is preventative for some kind of diseases.
- Lots of research is essential for defining the acupuncture role in people’s health.
- Personalized is applied with acupuncture because Every
- Different acupuncturist has different methods of treatment while his patients come according to his or her medical history.
- Acupuncture not only cures illnesses but also prevent people from acquiring diseases.
Are there criteria for acupuncture needles?
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) have removed the acupuncture needles from “experimental medical devices” category. This classification change means the FDA have to approve the needles to ensure quality. They regulate the needles of acupuncture, for hypodermic syringes and surgical scalpels.
The change of classification means that needles used for acupuncture will be subject to FDA approval to ensure quality control and “single use only” labeling. However, the ruling must make treatments of acupuncture suitable for coverage below insurance strategies.
The ability of acupuncture’s is to boost the immune system of a person which makes it one of the greatest treatment options. Acupuncture is gentle, safe, and also effective method for reducing pain and stress. It also helps healthy people to avoid from becoming sick. However, the regular acupuncture always helps to keep the positive energy flowing through the body.